Sunday, 16 August 2015

Thought and Desire


I have been working on this for a while, being both fond of ravens and of Norse Myths.  Hugin sits in front of Munin, who makes his presence known.  They are perched on a picture stone, this one being based on a Gotland stone that tells the story of Thor.  I don't think the runes will make much sense as I didn't copy them accurately.  Behind the birds is the beginning of a Yew tree, to represent Odin.
There is something very meditative in using just a pencil (propelling pencil with HB and 2B leads).

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawing Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me your drawing is wonderful!! The stone is like real! I suppose it's not easy to draw with a pencil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all, I really enjoyed drawing this. I am starting to plan a series of stone based drawings. We saw a lot of standing stones this summer and I find them fascinating both in spirit and texture and shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a wonderful idea. I look forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  4. oh my, this is gorgeous Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post. This is excellent It is amazing and wonderful to visit
    ซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete