Sunday, 11 January 2015

A forest meeting


The second picture is now a third finished.  The balance of the figures is a bit off balance, but should work once the background is in. Initially I thought I had made a major blunder with the comparative size of the figures.  However, holding my nerve has paid off I think and they look ok.  The old man is meant to be exaggerated anyway.


I am finding the need to draw very necessary at the moment.  In fact the story has become affectionately known as my sanity project.  

UPDATE.
Have been intermittently blogging this, partly to take a break from the fiddly details

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all the details and rich shading!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dulcy. Lots of fun to do.
    It is as rewarding as colour work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you : loooove your drawings ! through Jessie ;-)
    (What is so special about the pencil ??? Isn't it what you put "in" it, that's special ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. Tee Hee there are lots of jokes about leads in pencils here.... but I won't. Actually this was all done with a Rotring Tikki and 2b leads

      Delete
    2. Ha, didn't realize that .... ;-)
      2B isn't that soft .... maybe it's just the good quality brand ...

      Delete
  4. Follow your inspiration - it will lead you to new discoveries and satisfaction!
    Lovely drawings - I like the game of light and shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosschika, I am hoping these will lead me to my own flying ship. Need to fly at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous drawings Charlotte, I love the sense of depth in your shading. :)
    Personally, I think the joy of illustrating is that you can play around with scale and not worry about perspective. That my excuse anyway. ;)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are rewarding to do.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. They are rewarding to do.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. They are rewarding to do.

      Delete