Saturday, 22 November 2014

Telling tales

I have been posting these on the site I share with my other half:
http://hillsofnottingham.wordpress.com/

The whole process has been an opportunity to fall in love with pencil drawing again.  Tim gave me a Rotring propelling pencil,which is a joy to use.

The pictures are ideas for the Fool of the World and the Flying Ship.  Most of the illustrations are out of sequence in construction.   I have plans for about 4 or 5 more, but they are resting inside the pencil, waiting to be called out.
After resting for some time, the Fool awoke to the sound of a wooden staff tapping on the ground.
;The old man's advice proved sound. As the Fool opened his eyes he saw, not a tree trunk but a sturdy wooden boat with owl feather oars. 

Eater, Swift and Farsight kept watch over their sleeping companion.


11 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm in awe! I think your pencil illustrations are wonderful! The feather roars and the birch forest are so tender... I checked out the link and I will go to watch and listen to Robin Williams's storytelling tomorrow.
    Have a nice weekend, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Am about to try a new one.

      Delete
  2. hello Charlotte
    i am so glad i could click on these and see them larger!
    they are gorgeous
    wow do you know how to express with pencil
    i love your characters, trees and boat with feather oars! really a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind words. I am enjoying my drawing again and have just started the fourth picture😊

      Delete
  3. Hey Charlotte, your illustrations are amazing......How wonderful to pick up a pencil and start sketching.
    Would love to have a smidge of your talent......

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Claire. I think I am enjoying these more than any pencil work I have done lately. Isn't that the key to these things taking joy in what we do. I often wish I had your talent with a needle :-)

      Delete
  4. These are great, you are a true artist. I think I'll always love my pencils best.There is something comforting about working in pencil and knowing I have a fat eraser nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight.. I wish you a Merry Christmas Charlotte and I look forward to seeing more of your amazing book in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, have just braved a new version on proper paper

      Delete
  6. stopping by to wish you a lovely solstice ~

    ReplyDelete