Sunday, 19 January 2014

My husband takes a damn good photo

The well-trod path

Walking with the boys

None shall pass
With the sun shining for the first time in weeks we took advantage of the break in both weather and work to go tramping.  Blidworth Bottoms is a typical Forestry Commission plantation.  But it is one with a number of bridleways and paths that makes it very attractive for walkers and horse riders.  With this kind of late winter light it is possible to get some beautiful photographs, which Tim duly did.  He takes a good picture!

Matthew, aka Gandalf found a stick if immense proportions; it doubled as staff and light sabre depending on the whim of the moment.  The snickety little paths and wider rides give much scope for imaginative gaming.  Sometimes there is an over enthusiastic dog wanting to join in too.  We walked and played to different birdsong, from robins to crows, as well as a flock of tits.


Like I said, he takes a good picture does my husband.


14 comments:

  1. A perfect decision for a sunny Sunday!:) The pics are really good, but the places you have visited are wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the English names for places, last week we were in the Dumbles. Which is actually the name for the little valley cut out by a stream or small river, usually with a wooden bridge as a crossing.

      Delete
  2. How lovely! Very nice photos! We also went to walk to my favourite, ehm, cemetery this afternoon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like cemeteries too. I love the grave stones. Here in Notts / Leicestershire borders we have carvings known as Belvoir Angels. They are very lovely. http://www.hoap.co.uk/who/pow04.htm

      Delete
  3. I love the effect of sunlight filtering through the trees.......also the way branches and ground are exposed in winter woods. Despite damp weather there's now a real feeling of approaching Spring in the air.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Ruby. Although it is mostly pine, there are some birch to relieve the view so the light gets more interesting.

      Delete
  4. gosh that first photo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo, he is very good. I snap he photographs.

      Delete
  5. I expect some elves to emerge from behind a tree at any moment. I love the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get out into woodland as often as possible, it is a way of getting the fog of city living out of my lungs and head.

      Delete
  6. a good stick is a wonderful thing
    as are these photographs full of good memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh, Matthew has the worlds best stick collection.

      Delete
  7. What a place; though I enjoy walks along the shore line I do love Forest walks too

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete