Saturday, 22 June 2013

Altar-wise by owl light...


It was love at first sight;I promised myself if he was still there on my way back then we were destined for each other.

When I got him home he had brought a small gift with him.  

These two wonderful sculptures are by Simon Griffiths.  A man with a gift in his hands and a feeling for birds.  He is also phenomenally generous and I can't thank him enough, other than to say that I smile each time I look up from the reading chair in our living room.

If you are at Art in Action then seek him out. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh that dear little bird is so lovely. Is that a real owl ? I can't tell !

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful Charlotte,and so is the wren.You have good reason to feel pleased with your purchase.

    Have a good week,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe the owl is made of stoneware, the wren is bronze. What a talent.

    I can't really afford them. However, many years ago I talked myself out of buying a lithograph by Hans Erni, Circus Horses. I have regretted being sensible ever since. The owl and me? Love at first sight. So this time I decided not to regret and to find the money somehow.

    Next time you are in Notts lookout for the barefoot primary school teacher, that will be me 'cause I can't afford new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought the owl was real!! This sculptor has such a specific talent...:)

    ReplyDelete