Sunday, 23 December 2012

The rising of the sun and the running of the deer, not to mention the birds

This morning (Christmas Eve) we have had visits from any number of garden birds.  So far the sightings include a male blackcap, a robin, numerous blue tits and great tits, a wren and the local blackbirds.  Our resident house and hedge sparrows are rather put out at sharing the feeder with this riff raff.

This is one of the carols that means Christmas to me, more than any other. I can remember loving it at school .
So in honour of memories of Christmases past and those to come I am posting the songs that mean Christmas to me.  Have a joyful and peaceful holiday, I hope each day brings with it small moments to treasure and songs to fill the heart.





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Charlotte.
    Happy Christmas to you all!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas to you too, Ruby. I hope your weather is not too bad and you get to have some fun out and about.

      Delete
  2. Lovely choices Charlotte. Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, three very favourite carols that make me very nostalgic for the Rotary Club Santa float and carol singers. They came round every year when I was little.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete