Thursday, 27 December 2012

Work update

stage one am painting

stage two pm painting.




Matthew's Autumn picture (age 6 1/2 yrs)

The artists in the family have been at work.  I have the base work on the trees completed now.  I think I am happy with the way they look, but will need to add in the foreground before I am really sure.  The other picture is by my youngest (Matthew).  He rarely draws at home, which I suspect is because he finds sitting still very hard and is constantly dancing, running and bouncing.  At school, however, he produces some beautiful work.  This one came home in the book-bag, unremarked and yet remarkable.

Outside the window I have been distracted by these:





We feed the local birds, this year we have many more than usual as there is a marked absence of berries for 
them.  Windfall apples and meal worm for the blackbirds and fat balls for the sparrows, robin and tits.  This year we have also welcomed a pair of blackcaps.  This is Mrs B, with her lovely russet head;  Mr B prefers the cover of the forsythia, popping to the feeder only when he is sure the neighbourhood cats are absent.

I am also being easily distracted by this:

What a glorious Christmas present from my other half.

2 comments:

  1. hello Charlotte.
    so lovely to see the art of you and your son. nice surprise in that school bag!

    i have never seen a feeder or balls as in your photo. i don't usually feed the birds, but you have me wondering... it would be fun to see them.
    here it is quiet winter wonderland, at my neighbors the birds are always having a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte, Matthew has inherited your artistic talent........love the Autumn picture.
    I'm not surprised you are distracted by the birds, it would be hard to concentrate on anything with them
    just outside your window.
    Enjoy your book.....happy holidays.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete