Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings





This Friday is Children in Need day.  My school (inspite of being in one of the most deprived areas of Nottingham) always makes a huge effort. The school Council organise the theme of the day and then instruct the staff and rest of the children with what we should do.

As usual sponge the teacher will be one of the big events on the menu. We are also selling biscuits donated by the school kitchens.  Then I am hosting the write a silly story. 20p per sentence.  There will be face painting and other things all day.  Along with which the children have decided we need to go to school dressed as our favourite characters.  I will be going as the Mad March Hare.  The mask/headdress is inspired by the amazing designs for the stage version of the Lion King and made using the techniques taught to me by Gillian Cox.

I will post a photo of the full outfit on Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite something! Looking forward to seeing the full outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I could go as the Mad March Hare without even dressing up!

    How does the write a silly story thingy work? do you do the writing and somebody pays you the 20p to do it?

    ReplyDelete