Friday, 2 September 2011

In my daily world what is the most important location?


An important part of my daily world
This is part of my daily world and it is a pretty important part of that world.  The keys to a child's future success.

However, this is not the most important location in my daily world, this is:
Who feels like lounging around.

It has comfy pillows, a bookcase, bits and pieces of interesting things, boxes of beads; board games; natural stuff and good books.
Who is that sneaking into the picture?

How many dinosaurs will fit behind a cupboard?
This is the most important part of my classroom, the world I inhabit for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, is the Reading Corner.  A place to chill out, relax and read a book; think for a bit, maybe play a game or two.  
The tree will grow and become inhabited by birds and animals drawn by the children.  
Fancy a story, anyone?

And yes that is a skull in front of the Mad Hatter's Titfer.





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful lounging area! Good books are a must have. I do believe I spied an owl and a pussy-cat, with a beautiful pea green boat?
    I was in the classroom earlier today, my area needs to depict a Victorian theme and Charles Darwin. World Map, large picture of the Beagle and specimens. It will be ready by Tuesday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous classroom I bet the children all love you and the stories you read to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a classroom like this growing up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I based this on what I would have wanted when I was at school. Then mixed in a pinch of my own kids and our god-daughter's ideas. When it gets the Em sign of approval I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT'S why I would be such a rubbish primary school teacher. Any display I attempt looks like I've thrown random bits of sugar paper and blu-tak at the wall and hoped they'd stick. I bow to your superior ability ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think random bits of sugar paper and blu tak could look good: conceptual art, tell them it is a visual representation of Martin Amis later prose.

    ReplyDelete