Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Frogs, hares and the bounty of the garden

I have just finished off a new painting.  I am still very out of practice but am beginning to feel more in control of the brush and paint now.  There is no doubt about it painting is like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it, but that doesn't stop you falling off all the time when practising.
"You won't be able to see me if I sit here long enough, honestly you can't see me can you!"

I framed this and one of my other recent pictures and they do look ok, I am quite pleased with them.


Finally, in between the afternoons rainshowers, I picked these from our two plum trees.  I have never harvested this much fruit from the Golden Gage before and the Victoria is in it's cropping year.  Between them we have a veritable glut.  Some of these are off to friends (for jam and crumble) some will be a plum kuchen-cake (I think that is what it is called) as well as crumbling here.


2 comments:

  1. And so you should be pleased with them Charlotte,they look beautifully free and alive!

    Enjoy the plumbs,ours won't be ripe for at least another week.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think you summed the painting thing up very nicely there - really gorgeous hare, you should be very pleased with that!

    ReplyDelete